Friday, September 10, 2010

Random stuff

I added a link to Amazon on my  blog sidebar. If you were planning to order something from Amazon, I would be really pleased if you would get there through this link! This gives me a small "bonus"... I don't know how much. I have been blogging with ads on the blog for two years, and so far haven't accrued enough "bonuses" to get paid!

Anyway, if you see something in my blog, like the Redwall cookbook I mentioned a few days ago... and highlight that word, you are then supposed to be able to just click on the "GO" in the Amazon search box to find it on Amazon.

I got a phone call from one of my DIL's last night! I haven't heard from her in a couple of months. I got to talk to my grandson Gavin for a few minutes. Gosh, he is sounding so "grown up" (He will be 4 tomorrow!).

Today was another BUSY day at work. What would I do without my co-workers pitching in and helping put freight away? As it was, I had 20 totes plus a pallet of bulk items and batteries. I didn't get finished until almost 11:00 am. By the time I got to the treadmill, I was just wiped out tired. I barely did a mile... but that puts me at exactly 120 miles so far. I have 39 days to go 30 miles on my "150 miles by my birthday" goal.

When I got home, the boys had all their "toys" out of their bedroom. They had taken it upon themselves to get rid of old broken toys that haven't seen a kid in several years, and started sorting their Lego's and K'Nex. Boy, do they have a LOT of Lego and K'Nex. At the moment... there are still boxes and drawers and bins of the aforementioned building toys scattered about the living room.

I made a batch of laundry detergent, and explained the basic procedure to an online friend who is interested in trying it. (I discovered I can order Soda Ash in 1 and 5 lb. bags from Amazon, as well as the Zote soap!) Yay!
Then I got my bed sheets laundered, while the deep freeze thawed out. It is pretty well empty, but we are supposed to get some Blue and Gold Sausage, as well as the Blue and Gold Bacon, in a few weeks. As long as the freezer was so empty, it may as well get cleaned out and prepared!

I sure look like I am busier than I really am, when I write it out!

Well, those sheets are ready to go back on the bed, so I suppose I ought to think about doing that. It is, however, a tricky thing. I might get sucked onto the bed and forced to nap... those beds get pretty forceful in the afternoons.

Have a great day!

No comments: