Monday, April 26, 2010

Casserole

Saturday afternoon, I was forced to cook. That happens almost every day around here. People think they need to eat.
I 'invented' this casserole. It must have been good, because Mr C asked me to remember the recipe. Since there really wasn't a recipe, I figured I better write it down before I forget!

Cook 1 lb. ground beef with 1/2 C. chopped onion and 1/4 C. chopped bell pepper. Add 1 tsp minced garlic. Drain the liquid from the beef mixture once it has cooked. Add 1 can condensed tomato soup, and one regular sized (10 oz) can of enchilada sauce.

grease (spray oil) a 9x13 casserole dish

Add just enough of the meat mixture to barely skim the bottom of the casserole dish. I wasn't aiming so much for a layer here, as to keep the tortilla's from sticking.

Cover the bottom of the casserole dish (on top of the thin layer of sauce) with torn corn tortillas.
Layer in 1/2 the remaining meat mixture, spreading evenly.

Next, mix together in a bowl: 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, rinsed and drained; 1 to 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn (or 1 can of well drained corn); 1 C of sour cream; and 1 C. Picante Sauce. Stir together and layer it all over the meat mixture. Top with cheese shreds.

Add another layer of torn up corn tortillas. Then the rest of the meat mixture. Top with cheese and bake until hot and bubbling.

None of my family will eat sour cream, so I don't tell them when I add it to a meal. They loved this.

No comments: