Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sunday Fall Back

Last night was the semi-annual changing of the time... we "Fall Back" the clocks one hour. So sleeping in this morning was especially decadent... getting to sleep late, and still getting up before 7:30 am! (When your internal alarm is set to go off at 4:30am, 7:30 is sleeping LATE).

So here it is not even 10 in the morning, and I am so ready for lunch! Come to think of it, maybe I am ready for breakfast... I don't think I had anything except tea. (This could explain my hunger, LOL!) Lunch today gets to be leftovers. We have quite a pile building up: Chili, spaghetti, pizza, salad... let everyone take their pick! I am thinking I will freeze whatever chili is not eaten at lunch. There isn't enough spaghetti sauce to worry about- it will be eaten or tossed after lunch.

Connor and Alana, my dear sweet grandkids, decided to spend a second night with us. Connor "camped" out in the van with Sam and Daniel last night. They all got cold, except Sam, who had a nice warm dog sleeping with him.

Supper tonight: roasted chicken breast and roots: Potatoes, onions, turnips, carrots, parsnips, and garlic. I will toss in a few portabello mushrooms and peppers as well. Maybe even add a cubed up sweet potato to the mix. Sprinkle with some coarse sea salt...  Delicious! (And fairly low calorie, if one doesn't go overboard on serving size.)

No comments: