Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving...

http://www/.I am Thankful that my boys made it safely from Duncan, OK in the wee hours this morning.  I woke up hearing Glynna yelling for Bill to bring her shampoo, soap, and towels. Seems Nickole may of gotten a wee bit carsick on their drive over. Or maybe a lot of bit.

Freezing rain, sleet and a sprinkling of snow has been coming down most of the day, with temperatures hovering in the upper 20*'s. However, the house was warm VERY warm. In fact, I had to open a window to let in the breeze, as it hit over 90* in the kitchen.

I put the 23 1/2 lb. turkey into the oven at 7:30, expecting it to cook in about 6 hours at 225*. It was done by 10:30. So it came out, and we got other goodies ready to go into the oven. I waited until closer to noon to start the remaining items.

Alana wore her fauncy fluff trimmed Non-denominational Capitalist, Wintertime Gift-giving Season dress.
The rest of us just wore our regular clothes. I have some pictures up at Moocrew. I don't have ANY of Nickole in this batch. she slept all morning, got up and ate, and went back to bed. maybe when she gets up next time, I will have some pictures to add.

Dan and I are worn out rfom the massive cooking and clan-up. It is Sam's turn on the kitchen, but I'm not so mean as to leave the entire clean up to him. Not that he has hit a lick at a snake yet... I did most of the clean up. Sam disappeared. Tom is in now, finishing up. The boys can't even seem to put the lid on the cool whip and return it to the fridge when finished.

Well, I hope you have had a blessed and happy holiday, surrounded by those you love!

No comments: