Sunday, February 22, 2009

Change of Plans

I am headed to Ft Worth in the morning for a whirlwind visit... maybe a detour on the way home to see my newest grandbaby- provided the baby arrives before Thursday! (He/ She still isn't here!)

I won't be getting my 3 week break after all... Matt's parents excitedly went to pick up their new baby, and somewhere in the couple of days since it was born, the birth parents had a change of mind. They couldn't let their precious baby go. So Matt's folks have a room full of new baby gifts to return. They say they are OK with the decision of the birth parents... better to know before they grew attached to the baby than six months down the road. Since I had already made plans, Wanda will take the week off after all.
***********************

A couple of weeks ago, I was thinking of an old friend of mine, Debbie. I lost touch with her about 8 years ago or so. I did a white pages free search for her name in the town she was in last I knew... and found someone with her name. It was a few days until Debbie's birthday, so I sent a card to the address- figuring I was at most out the price of a stamp. If it wasn't her, the recipient could trash the card.

Last night I got a call from Debbie! The card reached her. We had a nice chat. Too much to catch up on 8+ years worth of life in one call. But now we have reconnected and can catch up at leisure.
***********************
Have a great week everyone. Since I will be out of town, I don't know if I will be blogging or not!

PS: Mom, we will leave "when we are up and around" in the morning. I have to stop and do a couple of errands, so I wouldn't look for us til late afternoon!

No comments: