Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A 'brisk' afternoon

As much as I whined and dreaded going in to Oreilly's yesterday, the work wasn't that bad. I started with the window clings. You know what happens when you pull 30x36 window clings off? You get shocked. It is pretty well unavoidable. They build up quite a static charge. It fills my co-workers with glee to stand inside and watch me get zapped.

Putting the new clings up involves slopping the window with a goodly amount of water... I used very warm water, since it was 40* out and my hands are so cold sensitive. I keep the new clings inside, far from the water. I learned from experience, one drop of water on the paper backing of a cling, and the paper will NOT come off. So the clings stay inside.

I peel off all the old clings... ZAP! ZAP!ZAP! ZAP! then slop one window at a time... run inside, dry my hands, peel a cling, rush back out before the water dries, position the cling, squeegee it on, and then move to the next window.

I did the marquee next... and even then, the lights came on before I finished. Indoors took about an hour... so I was done a few minutes before six. Once my body adjusted to the outdoor temperature, it really wasn't too bad. I had on a double layer of shirts, my jacket, gloves, and a ball cap. I put the hood of the jacket up over the ball cap, and was quite comfortable.

The chicken noodley stuff was good... a nice warm, filling meal after being out in the cold. Ben had arrived home just before I had to leave, so he got to finish making it.

********AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH*********


I forget how annoyingly messy little kids can be. Matt's Dad brought him in this morning with breakfast, a sausage mcmuffin and chocolate milk. About three bits into the sausage patty, Matt decided he was *not hungry*.
Since he will normally eat two large bowls of cereal and then want something else... I took this to mean what it did: He didn't WANT a sausage mcmuffin after all.
Mean lady that I am... I made him sit there until he ate it. He finished the chocolate milk early on, and wanted more milk. I told him no... not until he finished his sausage. He did eventually comply. I sent him to get dressed, and poured him some milk while he was gone. He comes back, and asks for milk. I told him I had some poured for him. He yanks up the glass like it was empty... and it wasn't. Milk goes everywhere... so he dropped the (plastic) glass on the floor.

MeTammy was NOT pleased.
MeTammy yelled.
That was the last of the milk... so I guess he can have some water when he is done being traumatised.
*sigh*
I shouldn't have yelled. Had it been one of my own kids, would I have reacted the same way? Probably so.
Mr C thinks I am "too hard" on Matt. I think I am less hard on him than I ought to be at times.
I cleaned up the milk. I didn't spank him... it was an accident.

************************
Today's agenda... I am thinking the scrubdown of both fridges. Dan and Sam cleaning their room. Bathrooms. Can't think of a single reason I have to leave the house... which suits me just fine. Maybe I can tackle a couple more 'hot spots' where clutter builds up. (Since these 'hotspots' are places that actually show... you might be right in thinking I have pretty much got the hidden disorder temporarily tamed.) Oh... I suppose MOPPING the entire kitchen will be on the list, since I have an obviously clean spot where I cleaned up the milk.

Hope you have a great day! (Kids and all)

1 comment:

Mom said...

I wouldn't like that ZAP part...wonder if you could wipe across them with fabric softener sheets (or static guard)...there must be a way to do it without getting shocked!! Like make the boss take off the used ones ... then you will put up the new ones. Have a good day..glad you don't have to get out...it was sure chilly here, especially with no heat..I don't plan on going anywhere but will probably get my mind changed before the day is out. hugs