Monday, November 16, 2009

since my last blog...

It is another fine day. We have an expected high of 44, which probably hit at midnight. It is rainy and chilly!

Yesterday, I took the day off so that we could go look at a couple of houses. The real estate lady had a blonde moment, and didn't schedule us to see a habited house that Tom had specifically asked to see- the whole purpose in my taking the day off. Oh well. She did show us the PERFECT place. A pristine doublewide. Huge. GREAT kitchen. A laundry/ mud room. The master suite is bigger than the double sized living room where we now live. On 13+ acres (between 13 and 15 acres). Reasonably priced. At the end of a road, only about 3/4 mile of gravel road, the rest paved.
Sigh.
In real estate, its all about location. This perfect place is a full 10 miles SOUTH of Rose, OK. A full 50 miles from here. I cannot see Tom driving 100 miles a day... and Ben would be driving 140 miles a day until he could transfer to Talequah (or Siloam, which would still be 30 miles away). It is simply too far away from XNA. The search goes on.

Matthew is back with us today, after having been visiting his grandparents since early October, while I awaited Kimber's arrival. He had to remember he is a big boy here, and do big boy things like get dressed. I laid out his clothes, but he has to put them on... a task I know he can do. He *forgot* how to put on his shirt, until I had one of the boys set a timer. The timer works wonders on his memory.

We lost two of our aged goldfish this weekend, to some disease. I didn't know they were sick until TWO had died. Poor Finnix and Tassedar are gone. Only Jimmy Raynar remains... and he is sick. We changed out 2/3 of the water, put in a fresh filter, and added colloidal silver to the water. He showed immediate improvement, and has made it through another night. We have added silver several times now. Jimmy Raynar actually felt up to eating a few fish flakes this morning. He still isn't out of the woods, though.

I have quite a few errands that need to be done. Library and WalMart, the butcher shop and the bank. Two are east of here, two are west. Since I have to go to work Tuesday afternoon after Matthew goes home, I figure the westward errands can wait until then. The new Oreilly's sale goes into effect Wednesday, so Tuesday I will be doing the old sale tear down, new sale set-up.

If you need windshield wiper blades (buy one get one free!) or antifreeze (ready to use Peak Universal $5 a gal.), get to your nearest Oreilly's before they close on Tuesday. (Now back to your regularly scheduled blog)

I have, finally, caught up all the laundering of linens stored in the boys closets. Clean sheets, pillows, and blankets are bagged and ready to use. Dog fur free. Hooray! I had forgotten how many we had stored. Mr C is ready to haul it to the storage unit, but I told him it will need to be AFTER Thanksgiving.

May you have a blessed and wonderful day. Thanks for reading.

No comments: