Thursday, November 19, 2009

Unexpected Day Off

For whatever reason, Matt's Daddy took today off. So I don't have an extra kid around. Dan and Sam asked about going Ice Skating, so that may be what we do. IF they get with the program and get their school done.

I don't think *I* will skate today, I will just sit and watch.

Becky and I were laughing again this morning about cleaning... she re-arranged her kitchen cupboards yesterday. I beat the boys with sticks haunted the boys every waking moment until they got their rooms clean. OK, so not CLEAN clean... but acceptably sanitary. One of the twins actually cleaned out the hallway linen storage shelves... without being asked! The kitchen got both swept and mopped. And the laundry was caught up once again. I checked my shopping list and added to it... hmmm, never did get those fridges cleaned out.

We are having trouble figuring out how to get some of the kids here for Thanksgiving. Looks like we may have a VERY late meal Thursday. Tommy has to work Wednesday, and then it is a 10 hour drive on to here. Ben doesn't get off until 2:00pm Thursday, so we were already looking at 3:00 or later for Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe we will have to do a big "brunch" spread that day to tide everyone over. Hmmm, maybe Mr C can go ahead and "bank" Thanksgiving... have dinner at 6:00? (Just thinking 'aloud' here).

I know it will all work out. I sure wish Stephen was getting to come. And Chris, with his family. *sigh*

No comments: