Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The way God works....

I can't tell you all the ways God works in our lives. But I see them every day. My oldest son is in a very hard place. He has lost everything he held dear to him. A couple of weeks ago, he wrote me a letter and asked me if THIS was what it took for God to get hold of him. He was depressed and doubting his salvation, and the forgiveness of God.

Mr C had been reading an article (sermon?) by one of his favorite teachers, J.Preston Eby. He said he felt in his heart that I should send that article to DS#1. After reading it, I agreed. We haven't heard whether he actually received the article, and if he had, whether he had read it. Last night, my DD called us. She had a letter from DS#1, and wanted to read it to us. Apparantly the article had reached him... and even more, it REACHED him. God reached his heart when none of us could do so.

Sometimes we are so caught up in our selves, in our daily life, that God cannot reach us. We feel like we are just fine spiritually, not a care upon us. God has to do some serious shaking to make us let loose of complacency and really seek what he wants for us, what direction he wants our lives to take. "Oh yeah, fine God. I'm great today. Thanks for everything. Love you. Bye!"

Many of the authors of the New Testament were put in places where they had nothing to do except pray and listen for the voice of God. There was no busyness of living. No lawns to mow, homework to grade, animals to feed. Just time on their hands, which they filled with prayer. Their time with God gave us many books of the Bible. God knows we cannot all be in enforced idleness- and that many who are STILL don't seek Him.

My prayers are that DS#1 will be completely transformed by his time spent seeking the Lord. A new creation. God has already given him a new heart. Thank you, Lord.

1 comment:

Truth said...

Beautiful post, Tammy.