Sunday, November 8, 2009

Early Bird.. or the Second Mouse?

(The early bird gets the worm... but the second mouse gets the cheese!)

Once again, I am off work early. (Becky call me!)
When I left, the store had taken in $500. for the day. The 'justification' for the store to remain open on weekends is $2500. So I go home and the two co-workers wait on... someone surely needs auto parts on a fine Sunday afternoon? Of the $500- my cash deposit was $235.00- not counting credit card sales (which DO count towards the total). So the top salesperson is sent home- go figure.
Really, though, my two co-workers are supporting themselves and/or family. My paycheck "helps" but is not something our family must depend on- so, when someone has to be sent home, I feel better about it being me- rather than someone whose survival is dependent on the paycheck.

And I am always ready to head home, LOL.

Remember my relief when the little neighbor kids moved away?
They are back.

Tension is already mounting at the property line. Their great grandpa, who owns the place, was a good neighbor. But these kids... these poor kids. I told Mr C I felt like I ought to call CPS the first time they are down 'swimming' or 'ice skating' unsupervised on the pond. These poor kids... what kind of a life will they have under their present conditions? I don't mind big families. I truly am pro- family. But most deliberate big families look after their kids. They take care of them. The kids have shoes... the parents WATCH them. Not these kids. They are rude, rowdy, unsupervised... starved for attention... and who knows if they are simply starved?
Poor kids. What am I to do? What would Jesus do? The kids are constantly screaming at our TSD (two stupid dogs)- kicking them and chasing them with sticks. When over on this property- they damage things and steal... they don't know any better.

I want to move.
*sigh*

I just got a call from Matthew's Dad. He was supposed to be back tomorrow. Due to family illness, Matt will be gone at least until next week... then miss Thanksgiving week... and all but the first week of December. So I may only have him two weeks (or less) between now and the end of the year. My boss at O'reilly's has work planned for me... so the income should be better.

May each of you have a blessed day. Welcome to little Diez Zesch... born early this morning! (Her name subject to change, LOL)

No comments: