Friday, December 17, 2010
Down the drain... (or in the trash!)
It was going to have a little pink udder, and a ribbon sewn around its neck with a cowbell attached.
The material shreds rather than sews, so it kept developing holes in it. The head wouldn't lay correctly, and its (perfect!) little ears ended up too close to its neck. In sewing the sides of the head to the pink insides of the mouth, I caught the main part of the body and narrowed it too much for my hand to fit inside. Turning it right side out... holes developed at the ends of the cows hands, along the sides of the head, and around the mouth... this material just shredded instead of sewing together. I never got as far as sewing on the udder, the ridiculously long eyelashes I had got for its beady brown eyes.
This is similar to what I was AIMING for... but mine was to have the wide open mouth so it could "talk". (This is NOT the one I ordered... not even close to the one I ordered. I found this one later.)