Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Annual Time of Decision Making

I am not so sure I want to invest $800+ (each) on the online curriculum for Dan and Sam. It would sure be the easiest way to be certain they are getting a full course load of learning done. But if they hate it and it becomes an ordeal to get it all finished in the set time frame... then what? It isn't like books I can resell on eBay or something.

I can order all the wonderful sounding books... and then have to do everything... or the workbooks that we gave up on with the older kids.... which was more of a middle ground approach.

Decisions, decisions.

I did discover that the American History series I have wanted to buy for years! is available to check out for free from our local public library! SO I checked out Volumes 1 & 2... and we will start reading those tomorrow!

Work today was WORK! There was a middling amount of freight coming in (all since Saturday), but loads and loads going out. I used every available tote, and the guys had to scrounge me a few more, just to do the MINIMUM of outgoing freight. It was 11:00 am before I got home. We left nearly at once for the library, and the boys did their volunteering. On the way home, we got a Papa Murphy's pizza for supper tonight. I like to brush the crust with garlic butter before baking. With their double thick crusts, it is like getting an order of garlic bread!

The snow is melting away... and the ground is a waterlogged mess. We are carefully parking as close to the front of the driveway as we can. Even walking between the house and car is slogging through puddles and mud.

It is hard to believe we are more than halfway through the second month of the year! Nickole's second birthday is just five days from now.
Have a happy and blessed evening!

No comments: