Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday...

Another week past. Wow... the time is sure escaping!
Yesterday I had an inventory in Lincoln, AR. It wasn't until 1:00pm, so I spent the morning cleaning house and supervising the boys as they continue testing. I was gathering laundry from my room, and picked up Mr C's jeans. They had the billfold and belt still in them, so I carried them carefully to the laundry room and unloaded the pockets.
Then I went back to my bathroom to gather and dirty clothes that might be there.
Before I got too far into the dim room- I happened to go skidding and flailing across the floor- crashing shoulder and left arm into the towel cupboard by the bathroom door. I had slipped on Tom's car keys, which had fallen from his jeans when I picked them up a few minutes before. I got a scrape and bruise on my left arm to match the one on my right from Thursday. I am also feeling like I may of dented my left collarbone... I basically only notice this when I am lifting or carrying something. However, my job involves a LOT of lifting and carrying.... so I noticed it a lot today!

There was a lot of freight today... looks like things are really picking back up after the very slow last month and a half. Since we are getting large shipments of springtime items, I know that one day soon I am going to walk in and find an entire pallet of lawn and garden batteries. I have been making room for them in our "back room" area. I have put more hours in during the past week than I put in for the entire previous month!

My past week was not only rough on my physically (3 falls and sundry other injuries), but also emotionally. As I mentioned in my last post, a high school friend lost her husband. Then the friend I mentioned who was on life support, did pass away on Thursday. And yesterday, my son Christopher's old dog Sampson had to be put down after a weekend of seizures. Sampson was pretty old for a boxer, but that doesn't make it any easier on my grandchildren or their parents. I even cried over him, and everyone knows I am NOT a "dog person". I am so thankful to Jennifer and James for taking Sampson in when Seneca had to move away.

I heard that Ben has made his move down to Texas. Now, all of my kids are in Texas except Bill, and the twins. I told Tom that perhaps he should be looking to transfer to Abilene! (Though I REALLY do NOT want to live in Texas!)

Well, may I wish each of you a blessed and "trip free" day! Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Truth said...

Hey girlfriend, that is a lot of falls, are you sure you're ok? Have you ever lived in Texas? I've never even visited there but it is on my Bucket List.

Take care of yourself and NO MORE FALLING!

~Tammy~ said...

JoAnne, I lived in Texas from the time I was five until I was 29. I graduated from LD Bell high school in Tarrant County. (The county Ft. Worth is located in.) My parents and their spouses all live in Texas, as do four of my seven kids, and five of eight grandkids. After Tom was hired at American Eagle, we moved to Oklahoma, and spent the next (20?) years there.

Becky said...

I'd second that motion! (Transferring to Abiline) Cute grandbabies would more than make up for hot weather, right? Shhhh, don't remind yourself that you have cute grandbabies THERE too.