Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Can't believe we forgot AGAIN!

Yeah... cinco de Mayo... fifth of May. Oh by the way, did you remember to send in the rent check?
Uh... no.

So I have made 2 trips to town today. We went to the library, and then to WM... where we learned they are closing out the fabric section at Ben's store, and the Siloam store as well. We were looking at stuff to make renaissance fair outfits for the boys... but really didn't find much. Matt got to pick out a pretty pot and a plant, which he decorated up for his Mom for Mother's Day. His Mom can explain to him this is for HER , not for him to keep, LOL.

I got back and went to heat up some lunch... and remembered my microwave is DEAD. Scary dead... with sparks and arc's and sizzles and horrible noises and smells. (Thankfully, I had put off buying the stupid $36 glass turntable!) I actually LOOKED at microwaves at WM today, but would rather have Mr C there to input the final decision... so didn't buy one. I heated up the enchilada's in the oven... which not only takes longer, but dries them out.

Then I set off to pay rent. Dan offered to watch Matt... and Tom was soon to be home for lunch, so I let him. (We were on our way home from town the first time when we drove past the rental office, and were discussing Cinco De Mayo... and it occurred to me that we are well into this month and I didn't know if Tom had paid rent. So I called him when I got home, and learned he had not.) (oops!)

Sam and Daniel bought me a mother's day card... which I am saving to open Sunday... and a marigold plant. They had asked if they could go to "sporting goods"... and took the long route. They made their purchases and hid them in the car. Once home, they found a decorative planter I had sitting unused... and potted the plant for me. All on their own! Dan is actually the one who helped Matthew pot his plant for his Mom, to give due credit.

I will be dropping Mother's day cards into the mail tomorrow... unless Ben wants to volunteer to go to the post office this afternoon. He is over working at a neighbor's house right now. The lawnmower refused to run today, so we missed our chance to cut the grass. Sam did get some weedeating done. While at WM, we got another bag of topsoil and a small bag of grass seed... I filled in the puddle in front of the porch steps with the soil, and scattered seed over it. Mr C says it won't work. Oh well... What did I expect for under $4.?
**********************
*************

Amanda's doctors told the Adult Protective services, which told Ruth... They do not expect Amanda to get well. In a few days, they intend to 'wean' her from the ventilator and 'let nature take its course'. The APS promised to let Ruth know, so that the family can be with her. I am still praying for a miracle.

************************
*************

That's about all from here! Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I broke Nola's microwave the day before yesterday. They got a new one today. Well I just happened to be the one opening the door, and it came off in my hand...well part of it did. the rest stayed there.