Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nightmares

When Matt was picked up yesterday, his Mom told me I would have today off. Matt's dad is working from home today. I had a chance to sleep in!

About 15 minutes before Tom normally wakes me up, I woke with my heart pounding, gasping for breath. I'd just had a terrible dream. Mr C came in as I was calming myself. I was still breathing hard and holding my pounding heart. It scared him, thinking I was having an attack.

I'd dreamed that we were driving somewhere in a van... not the van we actually have. Tommy was driving down a very bad, rocky road, almost as if he were driving through a ravine. He clipped a big tree with the front left bumper, and then we plunged down a steep drop.

We huddled together in the center of the van, the five of us hugging one another tight, as bystanders began to gather to get us out. Tommy and Sam were badly hurt.

I woke up and began to pray against the dream happening, asking for protection for all my family as they drive.

Tom asked if I thought the dream was a warning dream. I don't know. It may just be a reaction to the two wrecks Bill has had in the last week. This dream did involve the same elements as his accidents did- hitting a solidly planted object (tree/utility pole) and going across and dropping down a ravine.

I have always made my kids wear seatbelts while we are driving, and as far as I know, the seatbelt habit has stuck.

Wear your seatbelt and drive carefully!

No comments: