Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Doh! Maybe I ought to label things....

We had pork steaks a few days ago, and had leftovers. These were being too slowly consumed by the ravenous masses, so I decided to chop them up in the food processor and add them to the BBQ pulled pork I had in the freezer.

Hmmm. BBQ sammiches sounded just great for lunch. I added everything to the slow cooker and turned it on low.

I stirred it a few times, making sure the BBQ sauce was getting into the newly ground pork chops.

Then I noticed what appeared to be tomato chunks appearing in the BBQ. There are no tomato chunks in my BBQ pulled pork. I tasted it. It wasn't BBQ at all. It was spaghetti sauce.

We had had spaghetti last night, and this was NOT the sauce left from it. I made do as best I could for lunch. I reheated the spaghetti noodles from last night and served the pork chop laden sauce over them.

Not one of my better meals.

Note to self: LABEL the containers before freezing them. Spaghetti sauce, chili, and BBQ pulled pork look an awful lot alike as frozen bricks.

2 comments:

Becky said...

LOL! Mmmm, pork spaghetti, my favorite...not.

Truth said...

LOL, sorry about that. I don't label things either and have had a few mishaps. Stil haven't learned my lesson.