Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Selah! (A pause)

I pause,
before tearing my hair out, screeching wildly,

and stomping Matthew's toy car into 10 billion pieces.

What if, after stomped into said pieces, the toy car continues to yell, in its Cheech Marin voice, "Hey Homes, take it easy", or "Show some respect!" ," Vrooooooom! Vrooom !" "screeeeeech " (tires peeling out). Or what if each piece carried on the infernal noise?

The batteries are in no danger of dying out. Mommy and daddy make sure all his obnoxious toys have fresh batteries before sending them along to my house.

We started the morning with Matthew barfing all over the floor during breakfast. I have been making him lay down, but he seems to feel perfectly fine now. I fed him a few crackers, which he has kept down. I only have him today and tomorrow, before he leaves for his summer vacation. So I am trying to be patient with him and his annoying toys.

Dan spied the crackers out on the counter. He asked, "Do you know why crackers were invented?" I thought he wanted to know.
He interupted my explanation: "Crackers were invented as a holder for mustard and cheese!" My kids think saltines with mustard are a primo snack. Strangely enough, none of my kids are big catsup eaters. I like catsup on fried potatoes, and mixed with horseradish on seafood. Otherwise, we wouldn't even have any in the house. But we can't seem to keep up with the demand for mustard, or tabasco sauce.

Here it is lunch time. Matt is claiming hunger. I'm wondering just what I can feed him. Is he really sick, or was the barfing this morning because he didn't want what I had fixed for breakfast. *sigh*

(I had Daniel snag the worst of Matt's loud toys when he wasn't paying attention- we can keep them put up until he goes home tomorrow.)

Guess I better feed the boy something.

3 comments:

Truth said...

Have you tried putting tape over the speaker on the offending toys? I use the thick, clear, strapping tape for sealing boxes. It is hardly noticeable, except it works great of muffling the noise. If you can find the speaker, seal it up!

Tommy said...

Calling Doctor Howard, doctor Fine,doctor Howard. (gun noise) "for duty and humanity"

Anonymous said...

sounds like you NEED this upcoming vacation ..hope you can get some much needed R&R...of course I'd like it better if you was coming to see me. lotsa hugs Mom