Monday, May 25, 2009

Just another Manic Monday

It is raining again. I like rainy days. Wish I had been able to sleep in- but Mr C couldn't find his billfold and was running late, so I got up and found it for him. (On the roll-top right where all the rest of his stuff had been laid out- he just overlooked it.)

I got the oil section completed at O'Reilly's yesterday. I knew it had been in a mess, but not what a huge mess it was until I had so much 'open' oil left over when everything was in its new place. (Not open containers of oil, but oil removed from the cardboard cases.) I had more than five cases of some varieties that were on the shelves in an over abundance. We have a few grocery carts on loan from the store next door, and I filled three carts at least four times each... making circuits around the oil section. I was actually done (and sent home due to lack of customers) by two o'clock. I wish I had thought to take pictures!

I got a call from Wanda last night: No Matthew today. The boss had asked me to work today, but I had said No, I have Matthew and wasn't sure if Ben could cover for me. So boss got someone else to work... and now I don't have Matthew! An unexpected day off.

Hahaha. Off.

Dan and Sam will still need to be doing school work. And while Tom and the boys did quite a bit of house up-keep over the weekend, there is still much to be done. A day off- I don't think there is really such a thing, is there?
Ben is off today as well, and the fellow he usually works for on his 'days off' is out of town. Wanda said that I will only have Matt Tuesday and Wednesday this week, then he leaves for his grandparents house.

Two more weekends at O'Reilly's and then we head to Ohio. Mr C hasn't been able to figure out why the fan in the van isn't working. He said we may end up driving two cars up (Shhh, he doesn't know he is agreeing with what I had already said!). If we do- he may head up there on Friday the 5th, leaving me to follow (with Becky?) on the 8th.

I suppose I best get the boys up and "at 'em". Have a great day!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Oh boy, I am excited to go. Stephen is already pouting, but just in a teasing me way. "Oh suuure, run off and leave me for MONTHS on end"

Truth said...

Hope you enjoyed your "day off."