Monday, May 4, 2009

MAY?!!!

Yep. It is May, according to the calendar. So far, our high this month has been 52*... though it is supposed to reach nearly 70* today. I wouldn't think 52* too bad in May, if I lived someplace in the north. But Arkansas is considered to be a SOUTHERN state.

It sure looks like the fellow who correlated sun spot activity cycles with temperature changes was more correct in his assessment of climate "changes" than Algore.

With continuing rain, I was sent home early on Saturday and on Sunday, though I did get more hours in this week than last. The grass sure needs to be cut, if it dries out enough so that we can start the mower today. (Today is the only day this week without rain expected all day.)

I have been having to refill my two hummingbird feeders every day for the last 3 days. We have seen more than a dozen hummingbirds at one time feeding. Perhaps I ought to set out a third feeder? Most are the ruby throated hummingbirds, but not all. (The twins call them 'redneck' hummingbirds, LOL)

Yesterday was Tom's sister, Angie's, birthday. Happy birthday to her! She sent us an announcement regarding the Michael family (Grandma Arlene's family) reunion. It is held every other year, in various locations. It will be held in June 2010, at the Cumberland Falls State Resort Park. That is in Kentucky, south of Lexington, just above the Tennessee line. I hope that we can all plan to attend. They will be renting a lodge, and there are cottages/ cabins available, as well as RV and primitive camping. With 13 months to plan ahea
d,

I am hoping we can have a good turn out.

( hey did you see my visual joke, plan ahea
d) ?

I wonder how many grandkids I will have by then, LOL?

I hope you have a very blessed day!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I don't get it.

Mom said...

Becky, don't worry ..Grandma didn't either .tee hee