Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I love the Internet

Monday, Tom and I watched his all time favorite movie, Sargent York. I had put it in my 'shopping cart' on Amazon months ago- and never did get it ordered. (The price went up between the time I put it in the cart, and the time I put $$ in my on-line transactions account.) Monday evening, I went to Amazon again- and the movie was once again on sale. This time, knowing I had $$ in my on-line transactions account, I ordered it. Today, I get notice from Amazon that the transaction didn't go through. Amazon instructed me to contact my bank. A lot of thoughts ran through my head : Did I forget to write down a transaction and overdraft the account? Has my account been stolen?If I forgot to account for a purchase, how long ago was it? Have I bounced several purchases... and accrued the $49.95 overdraft charge on each one?

So I hied me up to the bank to have a talk with them. Whatever the problem was, it was on the bank's side. The lady made me a brand new card. I had plenty of $$ in the account, no overdrafts at all. (*wipes sweat from brow*) She said there hadn't been any sign of fraudulent activity on the account, but it was easier to create a new card than to straighten out the problem with the old card. (I had an "older" card- the new cards have more numbers encoded). Got home and changed the numbers for Amazon... and now have the movie ordered.

Wanda just picked up Matthew. He is headed to his grandparents house Friday or Saturday. He's out of my hands for the next month and a half. The bad part of the break comes when he returns- having been coddled and having his every whim catered to while at Granny and PawPaws house. His goodbye to me was to deliberately stomp my foot when I took a stick from him on his way out the door.

Yep. Break time!

I got online this morning and typed in my van's year and type, and 'blower motor problem' into a search engine... and discovered that the van had a resistor that Tom didn't know about. It told where to locate the resistor, how to remove and replace it. I went to Oreilly's web site, got the part number, and pulled up a picture of the part. When Tom got home for lunch, I showed him the info and picture. He went out and found the resistor on the van- and had me go ahead and order the part. If this fixes the problem- whoo-hoo! The day is saved for well under $25.00! And it is way easier to get to this part than Tom thought- he was pulling the entire dash. All that is necessary is to open the hood and remove a couple of bolts, then unplug the resistor. (It could still be a wiring short.) (We won't know until I can get the part on Friday.) I love the internet!

No comments: