Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Quite a week so far

DS#2 was in a car accident Friday, then another one on Monday. He is banged up and bruised, but has no broken bones. I can hardly imagine how stressed he is, I have been really freaked out. Friday's wreck was totally his fault. One should never multitask while driving! Monday's wreck was just a combination of bad circumstances... hydroplaning during a heavy downpour.

Someone asked me whether he was using cruise control? I don't know. But I did learn that you should NEVER use cruise control when it is raining, or in freezing weather. Hitting a place where you lose traction makes your wheels spin really fast... then when one (or more) wheels gain traction- you rocket.

We went last Friday and looked at the house on the 33 acres, mentioned in an earlier post. It is in a beautiful setting, the outside is quiet and neat. Inside... the poor house needs more work than we can afford. There isn't a square wall nor level floor in the place. (And Tom saw what I meant about it HAD to have new counter tops). We drove through a heavy rain to get there... great for checking the house for leaks! Water was running across the floor in the 'pantry', and the insulation was falling from the ceiling in that room. On top of that... the long drive to work for Tom.

So the great house hunt trudges wearily on.

Wanda told me yesterday, Matt leaves for his Grandparents' house the weekend after Memorial Day. Mr C. is taking off for Ohio on June 12. If I can get off at O's, I will get to go too. Ben isn't due vacation yet, so he will probably get to stay home with the TSD. We would be in Ohio for Dan's and Sam's 13th birthday.

Did you see what I said? My "babies" will be 13 in just a few weeks! Next thing you know, I'll be getting gray hairs.

What do you mean, I already have gray hair?

It isn't gray! It is silver. A lovely shade of silver. And already more silver than brown up above the dye lines. And once again, in dire need of trimming.

Dale arrived here with Matthew a little bit ago. A wide awake Matthew toting McDonald's french toast sticks and SYRUP. (Gee thanks, Dale.) When I make french toast, I use a dash of powdered sugar over it... which is bad enough with a 3 year old. SYRUP! (At least I don't have carpet in the kitchen.)

We went to the library yesterday. Dan has started reading a new series of books, and is quite absorbed in them. I just love to see that happen. Mr C finds reading boring, and thinks the boys should 'find something to do'. Dan has been choosing to read instead of play video games with Sam and Ben.

My reneckous gardenous is doing poorly. Ben and I poked lots of drainage holes in the plastic pool, but we have had torrential rains for almost 3 weeks now, and the plants are all turning a sickly yellow color. Which reminds me... I need to make sure Ben remembers to water my hanging baskets while we are in Ohio... they are doing just fine with all the rains, but will probably need daily drinks come June.

We made spaghetti for supper last night, because I got a couple of loaves of day-old italian bread at WalMart. Instead of plain old garlic butter on it, I made a spread with butter, garlic, toasted onion powder, and basil. Mr C usually has little comment on the bread, unless it it to note its burned/ unburned state, but he complimented it last night! (Since we have been married, the two things we can count on with spaghetti for supper are that Tom will be late, and I will burn the bread!)

Well, I better go unstick Matthew and get the boys lessons started! Have a blessed day, and thanks for reading.

No comments: