Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A lull in the rain...

Tom got the mower started on his lunch break today, and Daniel and Sam were out working on the grass cutting... Until the belt slipped from the mower. Mowing has come to a temporary halt.

Mom's mother's day book was delivered today. The postman honked and Dan ran to get the package. Ben snatched it from Dan, and came in shouting that he had the mail. Dan attempted to snatch it back... and in the wrestling... the two boys socked me right in the mouth with the box.

The book turned out nicely... Even Tom was impressed. He hadn't seen some of the pictures of my brothers and I from when we were little. He never realized just how much Becky looked like me when I was a little girl. I will be taking it to Mom tomorrow in Russellville. (The weather promises to behave!) I'll have to take Matthew with me. I figure Dan and Sam will volunteer to go as well.

For supper tonight, we have roast beast in the slow cooker. It is already smelling good. I got the mother's day cards sent off today, as well as a little impulse buy for Nickole. Two cute little onesies... one says "Daddy did my hair". I also got nephew Luke a graduation card sent off. He graduates on the 20th. As Kermit would say, "Time is sure fun when you're having flies." I must be having fun, because time is sure flying.

The boys got in a goodly amount of school work today. They are working on the computer DVD math course now. We are doing a lot of politics and American history- both really interest these two. They aren't too thrilled with the Thomas Kincade Art course... but I am making them do it anyway. It is so funny to have Matthew insist on having a pencil and paper so that he can draw along too.
I have a ton of 'gently used' curriculum I need to get rid of. If anyone knows someone with an antique computer that can use windows 98 disks, and would like to have some educational disks, please let me know- I'd be happy to give them away.

I can't seem to stop yawning this afternoon. Maybe I need another cup of tea. Or even some coffee. I seldom drink coffee these days, but it wouldn't hurt to make another pot and pour it into the roast. Have a blessed day!

Thanks, Nola, for the pictures of Tyrel on your blog. Family- there is a link on the sidebar to "Mom's Adventure", where Nola has some photos posted.

No comments: