Friday, May 15, 2009

My grass patch is growing!

I noticed a couple of days ago that the grass seed I planted at the bottom of the front steps (after filling the depression with potting soil) was finally sprouting. Mr C noticed it today. If the next few days doesn't wash it away, I may have the mud puddle fixed!

I am still wondering whether to do the lattice at the end of the porch like I wanted to do. When I went to see Mom last week, I saw that A-Z Gifts in Alma had narrow lattice panels for something under $5 each. If I had had room in the car, I would of got a couple of them. I am able to lay the back seats down to make more trunk room, but I had passengers.

Mr C is off getting tires on the Honda today- one of his was going flat. I am standing by to see if the car makes it all the way to Jane, or if I will have to go rescue him.
My stomach has been really hurting for several days now. I'm not sure if the ulcers have flared back up, or if I have a bug going around. I have been taking the nasty chalk liquid as if it were the ulcers. Guess I ought to call the doc and get the Nexium refilled. Spring allergies usually don't bother me much- maybe a day or two... but this year I have been hit hard. Already taking Claritin D daily.

It is hard to believe it is the middle of May, with the weather we have had. Tom's Mom had a frost warning a couple of days ago at her house in central Ohio. His sister in Boise had a record low of 24* last week. In May. Global warming, LOL.

Becky may get to go to Ohio with us next month. We were laughing at how we imagined Tyrel may react to playing in the hills. He will hardly know what to do with steeply sloped ground- he is a flatland kid. I hope we get a chance to go to Tar Hollow while we are there. Almost all the kids have been camping there. I have never even been to the park. One year when Tom and Bob took the kids camping, they "lost" Tommy and Luke. Everyone went off and left the boys in camp- I think they were about 9 & 10 years old... and were gone a long time. The boys decided to go hiking. Only no one knew that. The boys were gone all afternoon. (Maybe that was the first of Tommy's disappearances... he was always taking off from home and hiking for hours- usually without telling anyone he was even leaving the house.)

Time for me to get off here and see what all I can get done before time to head to work. Have a great day!

No comments: