Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sleep Deprivation

I got up at 3:45 this morning, after a bout of night terrors and just plain weird dreams.
In my dreams, people kept trying to kill themselves. One person in the dream was sitting in a lawn chair in the yard, with an axe , ready to end it all. Fortunately, he was Obsessive/ Compulsive... and noticed that the rakes and brooms were not standing completely upright and evenly spaced. So he delayed his death until he was finished straightening up the lawn tools. By then, I was there to stop him.
Other dream people were narrowly missing dying all over the place by various means. I "woke up" and told myself I needed to get some sleep, and have GOOD dreams, enough with the nightmares.
My two companions began talking to me... I was obviously NOT awake! They were Brother Rat, and Brahma Bear. Brother Rat was a full six feet tall and sporting a pot belly... he looked quite like a real rat, and not the Chucky Cheese version... except for the blue hoody. Brahma Bear (fertile imagination to come up with those names in my dreams, and even could just TELL it was spelled Brahma) was wearing a red sweater that looked remarkably like the one Alvin the Chipmunk wears. These two companions consulted each other and told me I had Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, which was causing the nightmares.

Okaaaaaay!
I can definitely see where the sleep aid company advertisement came up with some of their commercials! I woke up for real then, and just tossed and turned.

I got up for a few minutes when Mr C got up- around 5 am. I was so tired, and I know I won't have a chance for a nap today, I went back to bed and tried again to sleep. I did get a little snooze in before he had to leave for work at 6:45.
***************************
I sure miss having a camera. Yesterday, we re-arranged stuff in the house. With the corner hutch, the buffet, and the table set up in the 'odd' end of the living room, it looks like a "real" dining room. It is pretty. Aside from being kitty-corner from the kitchen. Mr C commented on that. I asked him if he were willing to re-string all the wires and reprogram the TV and satellite receiver to be able to swap ends of the room around just so the dining room would be next to the kitchen? He said Nope!
Me either.
With the sun filtering through the blinds, Dan sitting at the table reading... it just begs for a picture. The place is actually starting to feel "homey".

***********************
Matt just arrived. Guess I better be feeding him and getting the day rolling. I hope you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Don't ya just hate those nights !! Maybe you have to try one of those 'sleep aids' tonight. I know you won't get a chance of a nappie with 'lil Matt running around...unless you can talk him into one....obese pastability huh?