Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Tueday"

(Isn't that a clever take on Tuesday/Today?)

The boys and I did some straightening around the house, then went and visited some antique shops/ junk stores around Gentry. It was fun. I found a cool old necklace I got Gma Kathie for her birthday. I hope she likes it.

Other than the Rock Shop, where I found the necklace, we didn't buy anything. The rock shop was a very educational place. (Proper name was "Cool Stuff", not the Rock Shop.)

We got a box of 'riblets' to grill for supper tonight. And some steaks to fix when Mom and Ralph are here. That's about as far ahead as I have done any thinking. (Mom is supposed to be coming up tomorrow with the hutch.)

I got some prints ordered of some of the vacation pictures, but Becky hasn't got all of hers uploaded yet. I didn't find some of my favorites, mostly of Dad and UB. Guess I will have to order those later. *taps foot impatiently*

Mr C cut a nasty jag in the side of his foot last night. He was walking barefoot out near the road. He 'discovered' a rusty, old, lawn mower shredded Copenhagen tin. It had to be pulled out of his foot. It needed about four stitches, if you had asked me. However, he stoically made do with a peroxide wash, ointment, and a bandaid. A very nasty cut. And I bet his tetanus is out of date. (If you want to see his meanest look, just try suggesting he needs to go see a Doctor.) He woke me up this morning to re-dress the cut. It seems to be sealing shut. I hope all the peroxide and Colloidal Silver I washed it out with got every germ.

That's about all I can think of to blog on "tueday". Have a blessed afternoon!

1 comment:

Truth said...

I have to say, I probably have one of the few husbands that would have had it stitched pronto. And it's a good thing, as I run out of patience having to take care of another injured kid, lol. Men. Sometimes they are too tough for their own good...but I wouldn't have them any other way.