Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Casserole

Last night, I was trying to think of some way to serve up some left over ham. It was way too much for just a pot of beans. (I did save a very generous amount to go in some future pot of beans.)

What I did was to grease a casserole dish, and put a couple of good sized 'globs' of the jelled ham juice into it. Then a layer of very thinly sliced potatoes, and a layer of chopped ham slices. Next was another layer of potatoes, and some shredded mozzarella cheese, and a can of cheese soup. (I would have used nacho cheese soup, if I had it. What I had on hand was broccoli cheese, so I used that.)

Another layer of chopped ham, another layer of potatoes. Next, I poured in a pint of half & half, and a cup of water. I used some soul seasoning, then sealed up the casserole dish with foil. I baked it at 375* for about an hour and 15 minutes. Then I removed the foil, added a layer of shredded cheddar cheese, and put it back into the oven until the cheese was melted. I removed it from the oven and let it sit about 10 minutes before serving.

It was REALLY good... got 4 of 5 rating. The only one who hated it was Sam. Sam doesn't like ham, period.

No comments: