Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy new year... with more snow

Today is my Granny's birthday. I believe she is 95 today. Yesterday was my Mom and Ralph's anniversary- their 23rd, I think. Happy new Near, Happy Anniversary, Happy birthday!

And snow. We got 2 1/2 to 3 inches last night. It is still coming down. More snow predicted tonight, and tomorrow. There is no snow in the forecast for Tuesday, but there is for Wednesday and Thursday. Looks like the guy with the solar flare activity affecting the winter weather patterns theory was pretty much on the money!

The pond next door has been frozen over, with the temperatures in the low 20's and teens for over a week. (We did get up to 40 for a couple of hours one afternoon.) The snow is piling up on the ice of the pond. I'm sure northerners are laughing at me... but we just don't see this much snow in the south. (I was surprised to learn Arkansas is considered SOUTH... it has always been NORTH to where I lived!) This snow is more packable than the last one, so the boys may be able to build a snowman, or have a snowball fight.

I am thinking chili for supper... or maybe stew.

Have a blessed day, stay warm!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Good morning whilst it still is...thank you for the Anniversary wishes...we didn't do much 'celebrating'..did go out for Mexican food for our dinner. We are suppose to be cold here all week, but there doesn't seem to be any 'wet' involved. The local channels are saying 'record lows' but didn't look so bad on the weather channel so will hope they are right. Local predicting way into the teens (or lower) an you know how easy I freeze! Hope you have a good day and don't have to get out in the snow. (unless you want to build a snowman-haha)