Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuesday

Today I am feeling better. At least well enough that once Matthew was picked up, Dan and Sam and I went to the library. So anxious were they to get started volunteering, we ended up staying awhile so that they could take a grand tour. We go back Thursday morning for their orientation and first tour of duty. It was very interesting learning about the volunteers jobs.

Since we did stay at the library longer than *I* had intended, we had to think of something fast for supper. Taco's sounded good to me. We stopped at the local grocer in Centerton for ingredients. When we run late coming home from town, we often co-ordinate chores on the way home so that everyone is working together to have supper on the table before Mr C gets home at 5:45.

It was 5:15 when we pulled into the driveway. Books and groceries were unloaded and put away. One boy chopped veggies while the other set out things like cheese and salsa. I cooked the tortillas and hamburger. Dinner was ready in short order. VERY short order... like, by 5:30. Since Mr C isn't particularly fond of tacos (he is weird like that!), he got to decide whether he wanted flour or corn tortillas for his meal. He had one flour tortilla and one "taco" wrap... using a lettuce leaf instead of a tortilla.

I am already zonked... I feel better than I have for several days, but I am just worn out.
Hope you had a good day!

No comments: