Friday, August 8, 2008

08/08/08

I just love numbers like that.

I hate having to deal with disappointment. Even worse is when my kids or other family members have to deal with disappointments.

My DD is facing one. Her best friend is getting married next weekend, and it looks like Becky will miss the wedding. A temporary financial setback has caused her to reassess being able to attend.

I hate that I cannot help.

Becky and her friend were so close growing up, they may as well have had their hair braided together. Thie friend had to move away when the girls were in sixth grade or so, but they stayed close. So I have been praying for a financial windfall to come Becky's way. If it doesn't, I am sure she can and will deal with her disappointment.

I was hoping Becky could visit this weekend- it was a plan dashed by the setback. But her visit to me isn't like the (hopefully) once in a lifetime occasion of her friend getting married. We can reschedule our visit.

My BIL also had a recent financial setback. Very upsetting- and may take a quite awhile to recover from. I noticed I am praying for other folks finances more than my own.

Myself- The first check from the new job has come. Hooray! We may make the ends meet this month.
Speaking of the new job... time for me to get ready to go!
Hope you have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Stephen THINKS he MIGHT can scrape together enough odd jobs by then that we can go. We figured up gas prices, and if we take food for travel, we should be able to do it. We probably won't spend Saturday at the refuge like we had hoped, but that is okay.