Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Graduating to Bella Vista Moments

Bella Vista is a local town that had its beginning as a planned retirement community. So "Senior Moments" are locally known as "Bella Vista Moments". (I think that would be a great title for their village newsletter!)

But the town of Bella Vista really has nothing to do with me losing my mind. (Or DOES it? All those winding streets with similar names. Is it any wonder I get lost? I can't remember.)

What was I talking about? Oh yeah. My increasing frequency of ... of... of...
Is it just me or is "of" a strange looking word?

Never mind.

I was just going to say my mind seems to have begun failing me lately. I poured myself a glass of Adult Beverage yesterday afternoon, and went to make a phone call. Had I actually CONSUMED any Adult Beverage, what happened would seem more reasonable. Cell phone in one hand, wineglass in the other, I went back to my bedroom in search of a quieter place to make my call. I pushed the button on the cell phone to start the call, looked at the cell to be sure the call was dialing....

....and put the wineglass to my ear.

Drenching my shirt and shrieking just as the call went through, I decided I wasn't going to admit that little incident to Mr C.
I told Becky about it. She says ahhh- a drinking problem... like on Airplane!

I had been going to make the phone call because Daniel had just cracked me up (again) with his quick wit. He had gone out to the grill to arrange the charcoal before lighting it. He came in with his hands covered in charcoal dust. I told him to chop up some bell pepper, reminding him to "wash (his) hands- they are black!"
Dan said, "Mom called me black!.... but I'm really just a guilty white boy."

After Matt left yesterday, the twinkles and I went to the local grocery store to find something for supper. We settled on pork chops for last night, and some catfish for tonight. Daniel composed a marinade for the pork chops... with very little input from me. They were GREAT! We also made some 'fiesta' corn. Minced red and green bell peppers, onions, and bacon sauteed together. Added frozen corn and cooked until it was hot. Rounded out the meal with some okra.

I'm sure I had something else to say. I just can't think of what it is right now.

1 comment:

Truth said...

Laughing here. I know where your boys get their sense of humor. Did they not witness any of the wine incident? I'll bet they'd never let you live that one down.

Oh man, can I come eat at your place?