Sunday, August 3, 2008

24 years

This picture is from a couple of years ago- probably our most recent "couple" shot. (DS Bill's wedding)
Today, Tom and I have been married for 24 years. I got him 24 beers, a pair of sunglasses/safety goggles, and a compass for his car. Oh yeah, and a funny card. We will have steaks for supper, and some roasted veggies.
****EDITED TO ADD: Mr C went to town earlier as I was writing this. He got me a cute! Piggy garden statue, a plant dolly for my big tree, and a plant. Hope to show pictures soon!****


Pretty low key celebrating- but that is us.

**************

Matthew is here for his first day back from his summer vacation. He says a few more words. He has been as good as gold- I was really expecting him to be a bit more spoiled from his time at his grandparents. He wasn't upset at being left here this morning- just slipped right back into our usual routine.

******************


In sad news- I got a call from my friend of longest standing. Robin and I have known one another since second grade. That is like- FORTY YEARS AGO. (Makes the 24th anniversary pale in comparison, huh?)


Anyway- Robin's Dear Mother passed away this morning after a long battle with cancer. Please keep Robin in your prayers as she adjusts to her loss.

No comments: