Monday, August 11, 2008

Monday Morning Rambling

The last few days have been more of the same old same old. Mr C had his unhappy weekend- nothing to do. He surfed the net and looked at houses (in Ohio). Still has NOT decided when he wants to coincide a vacation with Wanda, so I can ask O's for time off. When Mr C was not online, the boys were- so I have NOT been writing here.
One of the houses he found online was the log cabin we fell in love with about four years ago. Back on the market! (And $43,000 MORE than it was 4 years ago. *choke*) It sits on 40 acres about 5 miles from Tom's Mom.

Yesterday, Matt began using the potty here, as opposed to wearing diapers. His Granny had worked with him "some" over the summer. He kept one pair dry all day!
He doesn't quite grasp the concept that HE is responsible for going. (I took him frequently all day... I've always said toddlers will tell you "NO" every time you ask them.) He expected ME to take down his undies, set him on the toilet, (wait) put his legs back in his undies (telling him to pick up his feet!), then pull up his undies for him. He is very passive, doesn't try to assist at all. Then we wash his hands... he can DO that part! I have been making HIM take down the undies, and at least TRY pulling them back up.
I think he is the least assertive three year old I have ever met.

We have had WONDERFUL cool, rainy weather the last several days. Hard to believe it is almost the middle of August. I hope the brunt of summer heat is behind us.

I will be starting the twins back to school today- easing into it, since we haven't received all the curriculum yet. (I still have a couple of subjects I haven't even ordered... I will try to get that done today, if I can.) I made lists yesterday of what we need to cover this year, and what extras I need. A microscope is high on the list, but I don't see that happening. It would be on my 'want' list, somewhere below NEW COMPUTER!

Back to school makes me sound so busy... added to potty training a toddler and working a 'real' job. (I don't think I am terribly busy. Most of the things I do just overlap into one another pretty well.)

All women know that taking care of children, homeschooling, and trying to keep up with the house- even by delegation- isn't a REAL job. Oh no... you have to have an actual corporate paycheck to say that you have a REAL job. Otherwise you are just sitting on your duff eating bon bons all day while your poor unappreciated husband slaves away to support your bon bon habit.

Um. Yeah.

Guess I got a wee bit testy there, didn't I?

Mr C got me a clay pot for the plant he gave me for our anniversary. I decided I am going to paint it before I put the plant in it. Make it bright red with the Ohio State University logo "O". I think that would be pretty.

OK... I'm off to feed Matthew and get school lessons going.

1 comment:

Truth said...

I think I need a "real" job, lol.