Friday, December 19, 2008

duh!

I realized last night that both batches of peanut brittle I made yesterday I used TWO cups of sugar- not one. It still turned out just fine.

I was planning to take some to work today anyway, so made up a batch with ONE cup of sugar, as the recipe calls for. But this time I used Demarara sugar instead of white sugar. It gave the peanut brittle a much nicer color. Yummy!
If I don't watch out, I will be gaining back the weight I have lost in the last couple of months!

I meant to mention about the trees on our way to Russellville Wednesday. While the roads were clear of ice, the trees on the mountains were covered in ice. It looked so pretty. The "ice line" came down 2/3 of the way to the highway. Thankfully, the ice was not affecting my drive! Dan and I were going to get pictures of the fog shrouded, ice covered trees... but wouldn't you know... on the first attempt, the camera beeped and informed us that its batteries were exhausted.

I have to be at work in an hour. Friday just seems like the LONGEST day. Mr C let me sleep in this morning. When I finally opened an eye and saw the fuzzy numbers on the alarm clock... it said it was 6:58. But it was way too light for 6:56. I have to get much closer to the clock to see that I slept until almost 9:00 am! The digital readout said 8:58. I get off this evening at 7:00pm, then work 8-5 Saturdays and Sundays.

I suppose I better be getting some household chores accomplished this morning before I have to leave. May you all have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is MOM Just a note on the peanut brittle recipe....if you gave it out and I haven't read any further than this blog so far...might mention to go by the microwaves 'power level'....I tried making it up at Ruth's (house) I did it exactly as you said, with no regard as to 'how it looked' and on the last two minute stretch....it about smoked us out of the the kitchen...and I pulled a burnt mass of MESS out of the microwave. We were still smelling burnt brittle when I left. I do know that at the shop it takes over a minute to boil a cup of water and up at the house it boiled in about 20 seconds, and at my age I should have know about different power ranges on micraowaves, but just a warning to watch what you boil..haha