Friday, March 13, 2009

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho....

Off to work I go... in another hour, anyway.
Last night's chicken was fairly successful. I pre-cooked some rice, adding 1/2 cup of orange juice to the required amount of water, plus a teaspoon of Bell's Salt Free Tomato Basil seasoning, and about a teaspoon of citrus zest... which I had saved and dried myself. (Fresh would have been good, but I didn't have any oranges).
Once the rice was done, I sprayed a casserole dish with non-stick spray. I combined 2 cans of cream of * soup, a half a cup of chopped onions, one half can of milk, and another half cup of orange juice. (I used one can of fat free cream of mushroom, one of fat free cream of celery). I dumped this into the greased casserole dish, and topped it with the uncooked chicken. I sprinkled it generously with more of the Bell's SFTB seasoning, and sealed it over with aluminum foil. I baked it at 325* for just over an hour... until the chicken was done. (May have taken less time except the breasts were large and still partly frozen).
This was a variation of my Aunt Jean's baked chicken and rice dish.

Hmmm... guess I ought to be thinking of what is to be fixed tonight... or I will be eating goulash all week.

The sleet/snow has moved on, we are in the 40's right now and warming back up.

I best get busy on my last minute stuff... noon will be here all too soon.

No comments: