Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday

With having most of Saturday off, the work weekend went by quickly. It was very, very slow on Sunday- again with 4 people on the job. So I left just over an hour early. Surprised Mr C- who hadn't thought of anything for dinner. I made an enchilada casserole. It was tasty. (I grabbed the idea from Notes From The Trenches, but never even read her recipe- so this one was all mine).

Enchilada Casserole
Mix one large can enchilada sauce with one can condensed tomato soup. Pour over browned ground beef, which I sauteed with onions. Add some corn and some sliced black olives, and some fat free sour cream (Don't let the kids see you add this- or your DH if he doesn't like sour cream!). While this simmers, grease a casserole dish. Cut several corn tortillas into halves. Put a thin layer of the meat sauce. (My meat sauce was very runny). Cover sauce with tortillas. Add a heavy layer of sauce, and some cheese. Repeat. Top with a handful of crushed tortilla chips. Bake in 350* oven til hot and bubbly... about 20 minutes. I let it set for about 5-10 minutes before serving.

No comments: