Monday, May 5, 2008

Blues

Over the weekend, Mr C and I didn't do much.
Once again, he is berating himself for being a rotten dad- not taking his kids fishing and camping. And that there is nothing for us to do here- except mow the grass. We did a drive-by on two houses a couple of miles from here. One was a "You have got to be kidding" place where they wanted almost half a million for five acres. It had a four bedroom real house, and a mobile home on it. None of those features, even combined extravagantly, would bring the place to half a mil. The second was a doublewide on 14 acres for 114K. It is almost directly behind this house we are in- a couple of miles south.

The houses Tom spends most time looking at online are those in the Hocking Hills of Ohio. Several that he has been eyeing there have dropped drastically in price lately. After one too many heavy sighs on his part, and under-the-breath mutterings about how we cannot afford to do anything- I spent several hours looking on Monster.com for jobs. I looked in Ohio- If I have to work, does it have to be here? If we are ever really going to move to Ohio- it better be soon. Mom-Arlene is 75.
Mr C also feels that his boys do not want to live in Ohio. Tommy wants to live in West Texas- I think his heart is smitten with someone he met there. Last time I forced the boys to give us feedback on where THEY would like to live- they all wanted to turn the clock back and live in our old house in Marlow. THAT isn't an option.

So we really didn't DO anything this weekend. I didn't blog- as I don't do well with someone standing over my shoulder asking what am I doing, why am I writing, pull up 610 and get off the computer so the audio can stream... (Mr C listens to 610 WTVN out of Columbus when he is home). And if audio is streaming on the computer, I cannot even look sideways at it, or it falters.

I did finish up my library books. This afternoon after Matt goes home, I may see about heading off to the library. Or Not. I take reading by spells- reading voraciously for months, then not picking up a book for months. I guess I am getting to the 'tired of reading' end of the cycle.

Daniel and Sam camped out last night. Dan has been anxiously waiting for the weather to be warm enough, without impending storms. The twins have loved camping out since they were little. They still don't venture far from the house- which suits my mother-hen-ness just fine. I will never forget being awakened in the night by Tom yelling and running outside to chase away a pack of coyotes that were ringed around the twins tent. They were four or five years old and slept right through it.

Tommy has already been out most of a night- sleeping in the hammock. The weather turned off very windy and cold, so he came inside. I didn't raise dumb children!

Oh, I really must apologise to all my friends who called and emailed me, concerned about how we fared recent storms. I said the storms didn't come near us- but you all were right and I was wrong. It was in Siloam Springs- less than 17 miles from here- where a teen was killed from a tree falling on her house during a storm. Very sad.

We are back to the school routine this week. It was slightly disrupted last week, with Tom and the boys travelling. I have emailed for information on Ben and Tommy taking the GED.
Time marches on whether I like it or not.

No comments: