Tuesday, May 6, 2008

"Stupid Spelling Words Make Stupid Poetry"

Here are Daniel and Sam's Spelling Word Poems... plus one of my own I did in college:


He Drove Home With A Broken Arm
by Sam
He smoked the stone
til he broke his bone
Then drove home.

The Stupid Poem
by Dan
He drove home
with a stove
that smoked
and his dog
had a bone
of stone.

Stone
by Tammy (1979)
Stone Dead
Stone Cold
Stone Dawn
We're Alone
Stone Sober.

Hey, my college teacher gave me an "A" on my poem. It was a five minute 'exercise' using an assigned word. So I told the twins they each get an "A" on their poems... PLUS get them published on the internet!
Come to think of it- the teacher who gave me the "A" was the one who told me I had better to look at some other profession- I couldn't write worth $***
Schuyler Etheridge... she killed many people's hopes of becoming writers. As a college teacher, she was more critic than mentor. After her course, I didn't write for ten years.

2 comments:

Becky said...

How very Sam and Dan of them.

Truth said...

Wow, isn't it amazing the damage one person can do with their critical words. But we also know the opposite is true. Her words were death for you (at least for awhile.) I hope you hear words filled with life for your writing and that you keep on writing.