Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Klingon

Have you ever speculated on whether other life-forms have poetry? Today, the twins were assigned to write a poem. Daniel asked if he could write his in Klingon. (Klingon are a race of people from the TV series Star Trek)

I told him I was not accepting poetry written in Klingon- as I don't have a Universal Translator handy.

Maybe I should have just allowed him to write it in Klingon, and sent it to Becky to grade. When we needed to learn a foreign language when she was homeschooling- she wanted to learn Klingon. As much as she wanted to learn Klingon, we never did find lessons available.... we settled for Spanish.

Not that we completely learned Spanish- but that is a sad tale for another day.

****************************
Now this is interesting! I just did a spellcheck before posting. Of all the words I have had highlight as misspelled, many were names that just aren't in the lexicon of the spell check. It did not highlight "Klingon"... so Klingon is not only spelled correctly, it is in the Blogspot spellcheck lexicon!

No comments: