Tuesday, May 6, 2008

GED Testing and Other rambling

It was pretty well 5 o'clock when Ben and Tommy got back yesterday. Ben said they were given a test when they arrived, to see which test they needed to take to determine whether or not they were ready to test for the GED.

The first test, he said, was to make sure they weren't complete idiots. The second test was to make sure they aren't stupid. Both boys feel that they did well on the GED Prep-Test. They won't find out for sure until the 22nd- when they return for "orientation". They aren't sure whether the orientation is to take the test, or to set them up for adult education classes. We all assume it is test orientation.

On the 23rd, Tommy gets to take his road test for his driver's license... if it isn't raining.
******************************

Mr C was supposed to bring me boxes home to get these Mother's day baskets mailed ... but he forgot. They really need to go out today- I actually planned to send them yesterday. So if he forgets to bring me boxes at lunch, I suppose I will just have to make my address labels and go by there to pack the boxes up, on my way to the post office.

*********************************

My extra kid is planning to take a month off- to go visit his grandparents in Lawton. MAYBE- just MAYBE- Mr C will decide this is a great time to go to Ohio.

Tom's mom is scheduled to go to a family reunion in June: A four day cruise! We are part of the same family, but just not quite wealthy enough to take everyone on a cruise. (Mom has saved for two years to get to go). She said she will try to talk whoever is elected to plan the next reunion (2 years from June) into a location that everyone can afford. I suggested Branson- plenty of activities in a wide range of prices. So- my children! Start saving now for Gma Arlene's family reunion in June of 2010. Closer than that, Gma Rose's family is having a first ever reunion for members of her Mom's Mom's side of the family: The Westbrook side. This is June THIS YEAR, on the 7th, in Greenville, Texas.

******************************
I suppose I better get on with TODAY's educating. Have a blessed day!

No comments: