Friday, May 9, 2008

its friday- oh joy

Well, it's the weekend. As usual, no real plans- except I am supposed to go to a Pampered Chef Party tomorrow. It was moved up from June. I have no idea what I want- I sure don't NEED anything. But my Mom wants a couple of things, and it will give me a chance to get out of the house and hang out with my friends, so I plan to attend.

Last time I even saw any of my friends (Except Wanda, when she picks up Matthew) was last month at my PC party. One day pretty much runs into the next!

I went to the library Wednesday afternoon. You know me, I read to stave off boredom. They finally had "T is for Trespass" by Sue Grafton. I read that yesterday, so was up a bit late last night- til almost 11:15. Just as I was finishing the last couple of chapters, Tommy came out of his room, unable to sleep. He stayed up and cleaned the kitchen and the front rooms. Swept, Mopped, dishes done- everything.

I have been on Tommy and Benjamin for two days now to write an essay, so we can get them better prepared for the writing portion of the GED. That is a weak area for both of them- the mechanics of writing. As much as I have bugged them, I still haven't seen as much as an "S" or an "A" put to paper. (Old family joke... when Chris and Bill were first assigned to write essays in our homeschool, Becky was in kindergarten. She came to me awhile later, proudly showing me her essay: An "S" and an "A" neatly printed on her paper.)

Mr C has gone off to run errands:
@The post office to buy stamps and mail bills. (The cost of postage goes up MONDAY!)
@The bank to see if our 'rebate' has hit, and
@The car wash because his car got muddy. Never mind that it is a mucky, rainy day here.

I want to plan a trip to Ohio- I am having withdrawals. We haven't been since January.
Meanwhile, we are plugging away at the schoolwork. The twins reached the "promotion point" in the two year math curriculum today. Dan is struggling with long "U" words. (cut, tub, mutt instead of cute, tube, and mute).

The printer spazzed out again this morning. A complete re-start fixed it. It still isn't speaking to the computer. The computer- grrrrr! freezes up and has to be turned off manually and restarted several times a day. Alt Ctrl Del just hangs up in a loop. Pleeeease let Mr C decide we are getting a new computer!

1 comment:

Truth said...

Every kid should be able to write S A's, lol. I love how their little minds work and figure things out. Maybe your boys have figured out a new way to write them too.