Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Cleaned Up

Daniel has been on a cleaning jag today. I have had to have him STOP CLEANING and get back on his school lessons several times.
He cleaned out both of the cars and the van... vacuuming them, using the vinyl conditioning cleaner, spraying the fabric with Febreeze. He cleaned up the bathroom, loaded the dishwasher, wiped down all the counter tops and stove, and swept the kitchen. He said he wanted the house to be all ready for them to leave for Ohio Thursday, and I 'told him he could not pack yet'. (I said he could not pack until AFTER his schoolwork was completed!)

Sam sneaked away from schoolwork a couple of times... I didn't find him doing anything as worthwhile as cleaning... HE was playing video games in Ben's room.

I NEED to go to the local store before their meat sale is over. I should be doing that right now. But here I sit. I just haven't been mustering up the energy lately to get out of the house much. I haven't been to WalMart since sometime in early August... I had thought it was late July, but one of the boys reminded me I HAD gone once early last month. I go to work, come home, go to the library when I must, and if I need groceries, I have shopped at the market next door to Oreilly's. I'm becoming a hermit.

And, I haven't even been reading as much lately. Folks know I pretty much have a book with me any time I go anywhere. In the evenings, I read on the couch while Tom and the boys watch TV. I read very fast- usually about one book per day. (That is reading when I have some time. If I am flying someplace- I take several books along. An average paperback only takes about 2 1/2 hours, and I can finish one before arriving at my destination on most flights.) But lately- I have returned books unread when they are due. Picked up a book and started it, then laid it aside for days. That just isn't like me. I generally finish a book, even if it is boring... hoping it will get better by the end! Twice lately, I have set books aside and crossed the authors off my list- deciding their thinly veiled social activism wasn't worth my while.

Maybe this is depression. I've tried to steer clear of depression this year. Maybe it is just stress taking a toll.

Well, the guys are still a "go" for Ohio Thursday. I am thinking I will bug bomb Friday when I leave for work. When I get home, I can open up the house, then go grab some dinner someplace while it airs. (Still fighting fleas here!). By the time I get the mess from that cleaned up, it will be bedtime... and I work from 8-5 Saturday, 9-5 Sunday. So I really don't need to make any "plans" for the weekend.

1 comment:

Truth said...

Let the boy clean! Surely you could incorporate that into learning, right? I've struggled with feeling down lately and that is so not me. So many times I just want to throw in the towel and give up. But then a new day dawns and I keep plugging away.