Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Back in Business- or not?

For the last week, online time has been stressed. I seldom got an internet connection fast enough to be able to log on to any of my haunts. When I did manage to get on, frustration would set in after a dozen or so attempts to get to publish anything.

Yesterday, I decided to call the internet/phone provider. Since it was a toll free number, I used the land line. The land line is basically only used for internet, or telephone solicitor tormentation. As soon as I dialed, I discovered there was so much 'noise' on the line, I could barely hear the representative. Aha!
The repairdude came out, ran tests, there is only noise 'sometimes'. Ben's laptop connected at 44Kbps.... the fastest ever on dialup. My desktop connected at 48Kbps. The guy left. Ben's laptop dropped back to 19.2. My desktop connects faster- BUT I still am unable to sign in to this account and several other 'secure' places. It goes directly to 'page not found'. So I am back on Ben's, where I can log in, but have no speed.

Benny and Tommy took parts 3 and 4 of their tests today. I asked how they did- they said 'adequate'. In other words, they are certain they passed, and seemed as if they really didn't have to try that hard. Ben says the ACT was MUCH harder.

I sent the boys off to acquire a few groceries. We are so out of everything. The twins Dan wanted to go along. This is due to the grocery store sharing a parking lot with Sonic- and Sonic a sale right now on milkshakes or something. Sam told Dan to get him whatever Dan was having, and opted to stay home. Nice that I can hand the boys a list and just let them go.

Ooops. I am online and said I would be available if they had any questions... but they have my cell and have to call the landline. DUH!

No comments: