Thursday, June 5, 2008

NOT!

Some of the computer problems we have been having were resolved by installing first, a new internet explorer update. This allowed us to access downloads to 'update' the reinstalled windows 98 platform. THAT allowed us to get Toms media player working. However, my latest problem is that when I sign in to go to a few sites (my inbox on hotmail, Nola's blog, foxnews) I get 'pages' so huge I can literally 'page down' fifty times between lines. Anyone ever encountered this problem? I can access the same sites from Ben's laptop and they come up as normal.
*************************************************************
Ben and Tommy completed their GED testing today! They are confident they passed, and said they will be getting their diploma's in the mail. (The tests have to be sent to Texas for grading.)
We have finished the final lessons in Dan and Sam's Science. We only have the reviews and final tests left in that. So here we are... still without a thought as to how we will celebrate.
************************************************************
Oh, in our "Building Thinking Skills" book, the twins have each mispronounced words in the last couple of days. Yesterday, Daniel asked me what does 'divversay' mean?
I was puzzled until I looked at the actual word: diverse.
Sam's turn was today: dinn-yeh .
It was deny.
We will be needing to do more reading aloud so that I can catch these little mispronunciations. I still have trouble when I see the name "Sean". I read a book when I was their age that had a character named Sean, and I pronounced it "Seen". Even after I learned it was pronounced "Shawn" (AFTER I finished the book), I still process it as "seen" when I see it, and have to call the correction to mind.
*********************************************************
Well, time for me to be getting Mattman ready to go home! MAYBE I can get on here later... or over Tom's weekend. (Doesn't always happen!)

1 comment:

Julie Zesch said...

Tammy, you might try downloading Mozilla Firefox and using it instead of internet explorer. It is a little different, but much less prone to unexplainable errors
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/