Saturday, June 28, 2008

one Fried Modem, over easy

I neglected to disconnect the computer 's phone line from the wall before I went to bed last night. Of course, this would be the night huge thunderstorms moved through. I heard the Kah-POP of the modem blowing as the first lightening strike woke me up.
All morning we have thought the phone lines were out.. and I couldn't find the corded phone to test the jacks. Then I discovered someone had unplugged the cordless phone from the electrical outlet. Once plugged in, we DID have phone service... but the computer will not connect. Fried Modem for sure. I am using Ben's laptop- which reaches a blazing 19.2 Kbps.
Is it even worth getting another modem for the computer?

My Mom emailed me an eBay auction for the Statue of Mom. I have bid on it... so would my dear children try not to bid it out of my price range? With eBays new hidden bidder identity, we can't tell when we bid against one another.

I don't know what else to do but start looking for a 'real' job. Otherwise we are going under. Mr C has been 'keeping us afloat' by using his savings account. So I may as well find a second shift job. Then I can keep Matthew, homeschool the twins, and then go to work. Then Tom can afford to go on vacation with the boys... and as usual- I will get to stay home because I can't get off work. I suppose it is better for SOME of us to get to have fun than none of us.

We were going to go blueberry picking at Laurie and Andrews today, but the storms stopped that. We will try to reschedule in a few days.

Have a great day everyone... my grandbaby is here and he just got back from picking wild blackberries with his Mommy and Uncles.

1 comment:

Julie Zesch said...

Tell Tyrel and Becky Hi for me, Hope everyone has a wonderful time with them.
Annie