Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Blueberries!

Yesterday, the kids and I went over to Laurie and Andrews place, south of Berryville. (Isn't that the most appropriate name for their town?). I would say *WE* picked blueberries... but that would be wrong. The kids picked blueberries... I sat and visited with Laurie. We laughed our heads half off, swapping stories and anecdotes.

Laurie saw the twins remaining areas of staph infection, and had us try a herbal remedy she had on hand. I have to say, Sam was telling me before we left there, he could see dramatic improvement. Laurie sent home the rest of the bottle with us... and WOW! I haven't had to get on Sam's case six times an hour to hot compress and 'doctor' his knee. He keeps coming to say "Look Now, Mom!"... we are seeing visible improvement by the hour. It hasn't yet been 24 hours since the first application, and the affected area is down by half. "Theraworx (with silver)" Multi Purpose Foaming Skin Cleanser is the product. It is available in the health food store in Berryville.
Andrew took Daniel and Sam swimming with his boys Zach and Michael in a nearbly swimming hole in a creek..
Andrew and Laurie fed us steaks... which my boys ate as if it were their duty to personally chew cows into extinction. They were deeeeee-licious! Laurie's DD Lexie used her own special blend of seasoning on the steaks before they were grilled.
When our day grew to a close, we went on our way with fresh veggies from the garden... picked as the kids were loading into the van. We had a WONDERFUL time. Oh yeah, and we had plenty of blueberries to bring home.
*********************************
I can't believe it is already JULY! Yesterday was Matthew's birthday- he is THREE now. I never had much of the 'terrible twos' show up with him. (Maybe because I sent him home at the end of the day?) (MY MOM always said the best way to deal with a kid in their terrible twos was to throw them a party and tell them they are THREE!) It sure is quiet around here with him off visiting his grandparents. I know it won't be long until we get back to our regular three ring circus around here. For the last few days, I have had Tyrel here. He is a sweety as long as he can see his Mommy. When she is out of his sight, he gets anxious. He sets off to find her, crawling determinedly down the hall to investigate each place she might be hiding. He shrieks incessantly gives his locator call all the while, in case she has simply misplaced HIM. Once he sees Mommy- he is fine. He doesn't want her to pick him up (unless it took him awhile to find her). He just wants to know she hasn't abandoned him. He is SO cute!
**************************************
My computer is still on the fritz. Thankfully, I can use Ben's. I learned, while at Lauries, that my kids are of the opinion that all I do is sit on the computer all day and/or give orders. I guess someone has to be the General around here. If you have looked at my profile here on blogspot, my job description is "Evil Taskmaster". I feel so validated!
****************************************
We took a lot of pictures that I still cannot upload- one day soon, I hope I can post some of them.

May you all have a blessed and wonderful day!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

We had a wonderful time, too! We are so glad to hear that the boys' staph infections are healing!