Wednesday, July 9, 2008

How about this...

I just shut up about Ohio?

How can I let him dupe me over and over- how many years has it been? He acts all sincere- I am sure he must be. I become convinced he really means it THIS TIME. And I fall for it. Every year. Sometimes twice a year.

I woke up this morning with the weird dread feeling- something wrong in my universe. I have noticed I am back to shaking in the early morning. Perhaps trembling is a better word. It went away for awhile. I wonder about maybe low blood sugar or something. But you would think, if it were low blood sugar, I would wake up ravenously hungry. I don't. I seldom get hungry before 10:30 or 11:00 am.

It is gloomy rainy outside. I don't WANT to get dressed up and go job hunting, but I suppose I better. Today I am thinking maybe Lowes in Siloam Springs, Oreilly's in Gentry, and maybe Auto Zone in Centerton.
It seems weird to apply at an auto parts store, but inventory is inventory... it is all pretty much stored and located in the same manner. I didn't speak Aircraft when I started with Eagle. I sure don't speak Car right now, but it will come. At least I am somewhat mechanically inclined. Or at least not intimidated. I have changed a starter on my jeep, removed a water pump from a Subaru, and replaced a thermal coupler in the furnace we had in Marlow.

If we stay here, maybe I should go for the staff assistant job with Eagle. The old staff assistant took the teaching job that was MINE if I had wanted it. Mr C said No... I need more time with the boys and school- and now it is back to work... probably for minimum wage.

HAHAHAHAHA. I just caught myself. Did you see that? "If we stay here".

Somewhere that little spark of hope remains.

Maybe I could go around to the local school districts and apply as a custodian. That has been like our family career. My Grandpa, Mom, brother, SF, ex.... all were/are custodians.
It is something I can do swingshift. Hmmmm- I am liking it. Better than McDonalds! And while Petco might be a really fun job... but bad for me. By the time I was out of there, my chest was tight and I was starting to wheeze. I would be on antihistamines all the time.

Still, today is just not the sort of day that I want to go out in at all. I don't know if Ben and Tommy are sleeping in, or if they are out walking or something. I suppose I better find out. And get ready to go, even if I don't want to.

Due to all the online applications I put out in Columbus, I DO still have a chance of getting hired there. Wouldn't that be something? LOL.

No comments: