Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I hate job hunting...

Ben and I only managed to put in TWO applications today. At WalMart Distribution Center, and at PETCO. Both places had kiosk computer application centers. And both had long personality profiles that had to be completed. The only 'real' people we spoke to all day simply pointed out the kiosk locations.

It felt very strange to be applying for jobs here. I mentioned how strange it seemed to Mr C, and he suggested Ben and I go ahead and go to Ohio in the morning... and put in applications there. Whichever place offers me a job first is where we will live. Very diplomatic, I think. Because that puts the decision in God's hands. Which is a good thing because we sure haven't been discerning where we ought to be.


If I get hired in Ohio, I will be coming back here to pack.
*****************************************

Anyway- looking for work is a difficult process. Seems like no one wants resumes. Maybe I should have gone to McDonalds... Becky went in to a McDonalds inside of a Walmart Store. They gave her an application- which was nearly half a page long. She turned it in- and they asked her to return in half an hour for an interview. She was employed before we even got the groceries loaded into the vehicle! (that was Becky's first job- four years ago).

****************************************

Yaaaawn. I need a nap. Wearing make-up seems to make me sleepy.

No comments: